Tongue-and-groove pliers are hand tools with adjustable jaws. Usually in one of them there is a hole fitted with a locker that changes the position of the working elements. Pipe wrench has a nut that moves along the threaded part on one of the handles, thus, changing the size of the opening. Thanks to these adjustment mechanisms, there is no need to look for another device that fits the size of the workpiece. During car repairs, both tools are used to install or dismantle nuts, bolts as well as other threaded components of cylindrical shape.
Tongue-and-groove pliers and pipe wrenches: 6 important facts
- Some tongue-and-groove pliers are self-adjusting, i.e. you don’t need to adjust the locker manually. In that case, workers get tired less: they just need to grasp the car part with working elements of the tool and squeeze its handles.
- Pipe wrench can be fitted with straight or S-shaped jaws. The elements of the second type fix a cylindrical part in three points. As a result, the risk of its slipping out is minimized.
- Devices differ by material. Aluminium models are the lightest, cast iron ones can withstand significant loads and steel items are characterised by durability. As a rule, the cheapest devices with similar characteristics are tools with metal handles. If they have plastic coated handles, they are more expensive, but ensure a more comfortable grip.
- In most cases, universal tools are enough to accomplish tasks during vehicle repairs. However, if you deal with car electrical equipment, you should use special insulated models. They feature insulating coating which makes them safer to use.
- Before you start using tongue-and-groove pliers and pipe wrenches, they should be checked for malfunctions. Tools with deep cracks on handles and deformed jaws cannot be used. The devices must be dry and clean. This will help to prevent it from slipping out of hands.
- Choose a room with moderate humidity for storage.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
Here you can buy tongue-and-groove pliers and pipe wrenches as well as many other useful products quickly and without much effort. Thanks to user-friendly catalogue, searching for suitable items won’t take much time. If it is necessary, our consultants from customer support service will help to choose the best flaring tools, thread and feeler gauges, storage equipment and other useful devices in the wide selection of onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop. Thanks to low prices, you’ll be able to avoid unreasonable costs.