Flaring tools are often used for maintaining fuel and braking systems of a car. They are designed for cold working of pipe ends. As a result, they are joined more securely.
Flaring tools: 6 important facts
- Universal tools have a conical working part that presses out the material of the workpiece. They are often used together with dies for double flaring. The set might also include a pipe cutter.
- Eccentric flaring tools differ from standard ones: they do not press the segment of the pipe but roll it. As a result, the risk of damaging the workpiece even slightly is minimized.
- Models in the catalogues differ depending on the type of gripping part. For example, there are tools with a bar fitted with holes. Tubes of the corresponding diameter are inserted into them. Besides, there are models with a self-centering yoke. They are suitable for car parts of different sizes.
- The device should be compatible with the material of spare part. For example, some models are intended for processing parts with a polymer coating. Others are suitable for manipulations with parts made of aluminium, steel, copper.
- Processed components need pre-treatment. After cutting, their edges may have metal burrs that should be removed with a reamer, for instance. Besides, before you begin to work, it is recommended to apply some lubricant.
- You shouldn’t exert too much pressure on the workpiece. It might get damaged because of it. You should be especially careful when dealing with steel and copper elements as they are very likely to get torn.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
Are you looking for inexpensive devices, using which it is possible to repair a vehicle quickly and efficiently? Become a onlinecarparts.co.uk customer. We offer low prices that give you a chance to save. You can buy flaring tools as well as many other things on favourable terms right now. Competent assistants from onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop will be happy to help you choose suitable items of the highest quality. Besides, delivery is carried out in a short time.