Videoscopes are special optical devices that comprise a control unit, a probe with a CCD chip, and a monitor. They are used for testing mechanisms and assemblies in hard-to-reach places by transmitting an image. They have a wide angle of view for a thorough examination.
Videoscopes: 6 important facts
- They are divided into several kinds depending on the type of the probe. Devices with a flexible probe are intended for examining the assemblies with a complex structure, with a rigid one – for checking the units that have a straight-line access.
- Depending on the availability of the articulation mechanism, there are two kinds of devices. Articulating ones are fitted with a cable-actuated or pneumatic device that allows to set the angle of view. Non-articulating videoscopes are intended for examining the cavity in a pre-set plane.
- Today it is possible to find the equipment varying in the length (from 1 meter to 30 meters, sometimes even more) and by the diameter of the probe (usually between 3.9 and 20 millimetres). The choice of the device depends on the tasks that it is going to be used for.
- If the equipment has been stored folded for a long time, it should be unbent and left in this position for a day; only after that the device can be used. All its parts should be kept in a special case. If you don’t have one, just hang the device by its body away from direct sunlight.
- When the work is over, the equipment must be thoroughly cleaned. The lens of the camera can be cleaned with a soft cloth and degreased with alcohol. The sheath can be cleaned with a wet sponge.
- You should follow the instructions when connecting the parts of the device, otherwise, the image won’t be transmitted to the display. You should insert the probe into the working area smoothly, and carefully watching its movements on the screen.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
The onlinecarparts.co.ukonline shop offers you to inexpensively buy videoscopes. The catalogue of the shop contains various kinds of equipment with different specifications. Finding everything you need won’t be difficult as our customer support team will provide you with additional information about different types of videoscopes. They will also tell you about the ongoing promotions that will help you to save even more on your purchases.