Maintaining and repairing a vehicle requires a lot of tools intended for various tasks. Ordering them individually is time-consuming and sometimes not as cost-efficient. It is much easier to buy a set of tools. Tool sets include almost everything necessary to perform common jobs, and if anything is missing it can be added.
Sets of tools: 7 important facts and tips
- Depending on the intended purpose, tool sets can be divided into two categories: repair and diagnostic. Those of the repair category are used to fix and replace car parts. The diagnostic sets are used to test the performance of certain components. For example, it can be a set of tools to measure the pressure of fuel supplied to the engine. They help to detect fuel pump failures.
- Most sets of tools are versatile. They include devices to perform various tasks; for instance, ring spanners, extension bars, adapters, sockets and other items. There can be from 9 to over 200 of them in a set.
- Some sets are only designed for certain jobs. For example, insulated tools are very useful for working with automotive wiring. There are also devices designed for removing interior trimming parts. As a rule, these are special pliers that enable you to remove trim clips quickly and carefully.
- Sets of tools must only be used for the intended purpose. Before you start to work, you should examine tools for any damage. If there are any defects, using them could be dangerous and is therefore not advised.
- Sometimes, to perform certain jobs, the required tool should be assembled of several parts. For example, drive sockets are attached to a wrench through a special adaptor. In this case, it is very important to make sure that all components are securely fixed.
- After use, tools should be cleaned in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. Many devices have moving parts that occasionally have to be lubricated. In addition, you should clean the case in which products are stored, as necessary.
- Metal tools should be kept away from water as it corrodes them. It is therefore, advised to use a case that can be closed, or a tool box with a lid. For storage, it is recommended to choose a room with good ventilation and moderate humidity.
Advantageous and convenient shopping at the onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
Need a set of tools urgently? Browse our catalogue and choose the right set for the job; we will process your order and dispatch your purchase as quickly as possible. We set affordable prices for all products. Make purchases at our online shop quickly and inexpensively.