Rivet setters are used for giving the closing heads the required shape. They are made as cylindrical bars. The shape of the working element is chosen in compliance with the parameters of the fastener head.
Rivet setters: 7 important facts
- These devices differ in the material they are made of. As a rule, the cheapest ones are made of carbon steel. They must not be exposed to water. Highly durable devices made of high-hardness steel are more resistant to corrosion.
- The tools differ in the shape of the functional element. For example, it can have a recess for the fastener head of the corresponding shape. There are also devices with a flat working part. They are used for installation of countersunk-head rivets. Besides, there are models with a tip used for mounting tubular rivets.
- It is possible to buy rivet setters operated manually. They should be hit with a hammer. Avoid delivering too many blows. There are also devices made as interchangeable heads used together with various equipment: presses, air rivet guns.
- These tools differ by the size of the fasteners they are compatible with. Most often the diameter of the consumables is 2–10 mm.
- Before you begin to work, it is necessary to make sure that the rivet setter isn’t damaged. If you find any chips, cracks, the equipment must not be used. Besides, you shouldn’t start the operation until the part is securely fixed.
- When working, do not exert too much pressure on the fastener. In that case, you can damage it.
- It is recommended to use personal protective equipment. For example, you’re going to need gloves and goggles.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
We offer first-rate rivet setters and other devices for fast and efficient car repair. We set moderate prices on all products, which helps our buyers to save. Specialists of our customer support service will help you to choose the products from the catalogue which will be suitable for your tasks. Delivery from our online shop is carried out in a short time.