Air rivet gun allows to quickly joint metal sheets. It grips the mandrel of a pop rivet or is screwed into a threaded car part ensuring a secure connection. It is powered by the flow of compressed air supplied by a compressor. These tools show high performance, therefore, they are ideal for high loads of work.
Air rivet guns: 7 important facts
- These devices differ by the material of the body. For example, there are aluminium models characterised by durability and resistance to temperature changes. However, they are rather heavy, so, workers can quickly get tired. In the product range, there are also relatively light tools made of composite materials. They minimize the load on hands, which is especially important when working for a long time.
- There are devices that are fitted with pistons intended to pull out the rivet mandrel. They are used for installing pop rivets. The design can include a rivet mandrel collector. As a rule, cheaper and less complex models have to be tilted from time to time to get mandrels out.
- It is also possible to buy an air rivet gun designed for working with threaded fasteners. The latter, with the help of bolts, join together the elements that are too thin for cutting thread directly in them. Threaded rods are screwed in by the built-in rotary reverse air motor. These devices often allow to adjust the operating stroke length.
- In the catalogues, you may come across the tools fitted with a hydraulic cylinder. Due to it, the force transmitted by the compressor significantly increases. The level of oil in the cylinder should be checked from time to time.
- These devices differ in the operating pressure. Take into account that it shouldn’t be higher than the corresponding parameter of the compressor you use.
- Before you begin to work, you should examine the air rivet gun for damages. You should also check the condition of the connecting hoses. Elements with defects must not be used.
- Working with a rivet gun, you should remember the basic safety rules. For instance, it is important to make sure that the floor in the room isn’t slippery, and that you’re wearing shoes with stable soles, and protective gloves. Besides, edges of clothes should not get into the working area.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
If you are looking for a reliable air rivet gun, opt for us. The onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop offers equipment with a quality warranty. Besides, we have low prices so your expenses will be moderate.