Polishing wheels are consumables of the equipment used for smoothing the car body surfaces and giving shine to the paintwork. Besides, they also allow eliminating small scratches from interior decorative elements. They are often used together with abrasive pastes.
Polishing wheels: 7 important facts
- These devices differ by roughness. The softest ones are black and the most coarse – white. Orange devices are of medium hardness.
- Polishing wheels vary depending on the design that defines the application area. For example, smooth ones allow flattening car parts of a large size, flap ones, due to their folds, are efficient for polishing textured parts. There are products with a wavy surface. They are used for finishing treatment of the components that can’t withstand high temperatures. Accessories with upright flaps are good for polishing corners. Models with twisted fibres can eliminate discolouration stains from metal, stainless steel, for instance.
- When choosing items online, you should pay your attention to the way they are attached to the power tools. For example, wheels might have threading or adhesive base. The type of the attachment should comply with the requirements of the equipment.
- In the online shop, you can buy polishing wheels made of various materials. Abrasive models made of chrome, silicon, corundum are ideal for primary treatment and help to eliminate even significant defects. Wool felt items are available at low price and used for polishing unpainted metal car parts. Foam rubber wheels with abrasive particles are suitable for operations with paintwork. Felt, microfibre or paper devices are used for finishing metal, glass, plastic. Fur products are good for pre-treatment of parts, cool down well, thus avoiding overheating the surface. Sisal wheels are designed both for ferrous and non-ferrous metals, wood.
- The size of these accessories is selected with regard to the features of the treated car parts. For example, it is better to polish large smooth parts with wheels of the diameter less than 150 mm and up to 80 mm – for lights.
- You shouldn’t apply too much paste for polishing. As a rule, it is enough to cover three-fourths of the wheel.
- You mustn’t use worn out devices. They may scratch car parts.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
At our shop, you can buy polishers and polisher accessories just in a couple of minutes. All products are characterised by high quality. Low prices and first-class services will be a pleasant surprise. Our competent specialists from the customer support service will not only help you to make the choice but also arrange rapid delivery.