Polishers are used during auto body repairs. They process the treated surface with polishing wheels. Their design is similar to the grinders but they are slower and have higher torque. Thanks to that, they help to get rid of slight defects on glass elements, smooth the paintwork and make it shine.
Polishers: 6 important facts
- These devices vary depending on the position of the working element. Models with the wheel axle perpendicular to the body are most often used while working with tiny parts of the car body. Straight devices are better for processing large vertical surfaces. Its functional element is attached to the end of the tool.
- Models with the wheel rotating only round its axis are very popular. However, the most effective are polishers with a wheel that makes reciprocal motions as well. The risk of overheating the treated surface is lower while using them.
- The devices presented in the catalogues vary depending on the type of power supply. It is recommended to use powerful air models for professional use. They are powered by compressed air supplied by a compressor. Ideal for high loads of work. There are also electric devices powered by electricity or battery. They allow performing works quickly but they are unsuitable for continuous polishing as they are prone to overheating.
- It is possible to achieve a high quality of processing thanks to polishers with soft start function. They make the surface homogeneous and shiny. Most often, this equipment has electronic speed control, so it is easy to work with a constant speed regardless of applied force. There are cheaper models without these functions. The wheel is rotated at the same speed, quite a high one, which is not always convenient.
- It is important to read the instructions and observe the safety regulations. For example, it is necessary to use protective equipment for eyes and airways. You shouldn’t step on cables and pneumatic hoses. Electric devices shouldn’t be exposed to water.
- The size of the polishing wheel should meet the parameters of the tool and processed material. Before you start, it is necessary to check the head for damage. Besides, it is necessary to make sure it is securely attached.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
We set affordable prices that allow carrying out high-quality vehicle repairs inexpensively. For example, you can buy polishers and polisher accessories advantageously. Place an order at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop today and we will arrange a rapid delivery.