When repairing the fuel and exhaust systems of a car, it is often necessary to cut pipes. Pipe cutters allow to carefully perform this task. They minimize the amount of swarf and, consequently, the risk of clogging car assemblies.
Pipe cutters: 6 important facts
- These tools differ depending on the type of the working part. For example, it can be made as a straight blade. These devices produce a strong impact on the part on the principle of scissors. Besides, the working element can be a cutting wheel. These devices are characterised by a compact design, and they make a neat cut. There are tools with rollers that press through the metal instead of cutting it. As a result, the workpiece needs additional processing. There are also models with a chain that wraps the part around. Tools of this type allow carrying out the necessary operations very quickly and are suitable for cutting fragile materials and for working in tight spaces.
- The cheapest ones are the devices that are operated by the physical effort of the worker. It is convenient to use them for doing low amounts of work. It is possible to buy pipe cutters with a hydraulic ram, due to which the force applied to the device significantly increases. If you have to cut pipes quite often, you should opt for power models characterised by high performance. In the catalogues, you may also come across pneumatic equipment, powerful and reliable, however, it needs compressed air to function .
- If the device is used for other purposes than intended, it may become out of order. Therefore, you should consider the fact that some models are only suitable for cutting thin-walled elements made, for instance, of brass or copper. They are not suitable for working with parts with thick walls, made of steel or cast iron.
- You should wear special goggles and gloves and also make sure that your hands are not in the working area.
- Before you begin to work, you should make sure that the pipe is securely fixed. To avoid errors, first, mark a cutting line on it.
- When the operation is over, it is recommended to examine the cut. Often, it needs sanding.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
Here you can find pipe cutters, pipe benders, pipe deburring reamers and many other things without any hassle. Register at our online shop and place orders in a couple of minutes. You can be sure that you’ll receive your purchase in a short time. And low prices on tools will help you to save.