Jig saws are devices intended to make straight and curved cuts in metal, wooden and plastic components. The cutting action is achieved through reciprocating motion of a replaceable jig saw blade. They are perfect for dealing with car parts of odd sizes.
Jig saws: 5 important facts
- In the manufacturers’ catalogues, you can come across tools that differ by type of power supply. Electric models are highly effective and can be powered by mains or battery. However, these devices are used exclusively in humid and fire-hazardous environment. Air tools are characterised by a compact size and light weight. They do not require any special operating conditions but have to be connected to a compressor.
- In the online shop, it is possible to buy jig saws with a wide range of functions. In devices with a pendulum stroke, the rod, which rests upon the workpiece, moves in two directions: vertical and horizontal. Due to that, high processing speed is achieved but the cut isn’t very neat. Tools with electronic constant-speed control can maintain the pre-set number of revolutions regardless of the load. Devices fitted with a dust blower, which directs the air flow from the motor fan to the working area, allow removing sawdust very quickly. Models with a soft start function increase the number of revolutions gradually, thus ensuring a neat cut. Tools with laser guides and LED lights can be used in poor lighting conditions. They are convenient to use both for straight and curved cutting.
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations. For example, specifications of the device should comply with the material and size of the treated part. This will help to maintain the working capacity of the jig saw and its integrity. Please, consider the fact that it is necessary to cut soft materials at a high speed. Hard workpieces are processed at a low speed in order to avoid overheating. You must not use the pendulum mode when making a curved cut. Due to that, the blade might get stuck.
- When sawing parts, it is necessary to use personal protective equipment. Otherwise the worker’s breathing organs, eyes and hands can get injured.
- You shouldn’t apply too much force while working. Excessive load will have a negative effect on the performance of device and the quality of performed tasks. Do not use dull or deformed blades.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
Would you like to buy high quality jig saws at affordable price? At onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop you’ll be able to buy saws and accessories inexpensively. You can ask our competent consultants from customer support any of the questions concerning the presented tools. They are not only ready to provide you with the required information about the products but will also arrange the rapid delivery of your order.