When repairing a vehicle hand saws are often used for cutting metal elements. They are operated manually by moving to and fro. They have a blade with a great number of sharp teeth which cut the workpiece.
Hand saws: 8 important facts
- These tools differ depending on the size of the sharp elements. As a rule, models with large teeth are designed for soft metals and with small teeth – for hard metals.
- In the catalogues, you might come across tools without a frame. Their functional blade is attached directly to the handle. This design is perfect when working with hard-to-reach spares. There are also models with a solid or adjustable frame. The first ones can withstand significant loads and the second ones are compatible with the working parts of a different length.
- These tools may have different handles. For example, it is possible to buy hand saws with a pistol grip of open or closed type. There are models with a straight handle that aligns with axis of the functional part.
- Most often, only one side of the tool is fitted with teeth, less often – both of them. In the second case the blade will have a longer service life. You can just use the other side if teeth on the first one have become dull.
- Saws and saw accessories must be used only for the intended purpose. The cutting part should be securely fixed and properly tensioned. This way you’ll be able to get a neat cut.
- While working, the device should be held with both hands. It is better to avoid any random motions.
- When moving the tool forward, intensive force should be applied to it. However, when it moves backwards, apply less force on the workpiece.
- If at least one tooth is broken, you should stop working. The fragment of the blade has to be pulled out from the workpiece, the tool – replaced and only after that it is possible to resume the operation.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
Do you need an easy-to-use hand saw from a reliable manufacturer? A wide choice of these and other tools is presented at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop. Our prices will be proof that saving without compromising quality is possible.