- Colour: Yellow
- Material: PA (polyamide), Steel
- Length [m]: 4
- Load-bearing Capacity [t]: 1.5
- Supplementary Article/Info 2: with hook
- Number of Hooks: 2
- Certificate: ISO 9001, ISO 14001
- Condition: New
Tow ropes are used to free cars from snow banks, ditches - or anywhere else they could have become stuck - as well as for transporting broken down vehicles. Tow ropes are high-strength ropes, which are normally 4–6 m in length, with fasteners to attach to vehicles on both ends.
6 important facts about tow ropes
- In the manufacturers’ catalogues, you can find tow ropes that vary by maximum load value. Tow ropes should have a load value of no less than 150% of the towed car’s weight.
- Generally, manufacturers use reliable elastic materials such as nylon, sisal and polypropylene. Tow ropes made from these materials are compact, easy-to-clean and absorb bumps and jolts that can occur when freeing a car from mud or snow. Steel fibres are less commonly used to make tow ropes. They are durable but harder to store as they take up more space. Furthermore, they are vulnerable to corrosion and can damage the car body if they snap during use.
- Towing must be performed in accordance with road traffic laws. It is prohibited if either one of the two fasteners is damaged. If this is the case it is advisable to call for a tow truck.
- When in use a tow rope should be covered with reflective material and equipped with warning flags. The car should be towed at a safe speed, which is specified in road traffic regulations. Towing with the help of elastic rope is prohibited if the towed car has the broken braking system or steering control, a broken chassis or if the road is covered in ice.
- The tow rope should be fastened from the left towing eye of one vehicle to the right one of the other, unless otherwise stated the manufacturer. Attaching in this way makes the process safer and gives the towed driver greater visibility.
- Tow ropes can be stored in the boot. It is advisable to use a cover to prevent them from coming into contact with moisture and dirt.
Cheap and convenient purchases are available in the onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
Visit onlinecarparts.co.uk to save money when buying tow ropes or any other car accessories. We have high-quality products at affordable prices. Our customer service team will be happy to assist you online wherever necessary.