Car mats make keeping the car clean easier. They protect the floor from dirt and moisture thus extending the lifetime of its coating. Moreover, some of them can be an interior decoration.
Car mats: 7 important facts
- The catalogues include not only universal accessories but also those made for cars of a certain make and model. The mats of the first type are usually inexpensive, they can be used in almost any vehicle. The second type mats fit the interior of a certain car better.
- Rubber car mats are the most popular. They are durable, long lasting and sold at an affordable price. There are models with a special pattern with ridges: they channel the moisture into hollows between them so that it doesn’t spread over the floor. In most cases, it is enough to clean these rubber car accessories with warm water from time to time. In case of heavy soiling, use special chemical agents compatible with the material of the mat.
- Polyurethane products are lighter and more elastic than rubber ones. Moreover, they are resistant to frost and abrasion, do not emit unpleasant odours, and don’t require complex care.
- If you want these accessories to complement your car’s interior trimming, or, on the contrary, to contrast with it, then you should buy fabric car mats. They come in different colours. You can choose a model with decorative edging or pattern. Many products of this category have a rubber base which provides perfect waterproofing. Products without such a layer are cheaper. To clean them, you’ll need brushes or vacuum cleaners. Stubborn stains can be removed with suitable car care products. Dusting this fabric is not recommended.
- There are disposable paper products suitable for short-term use.
- Car mats differ in the height of their boards. As a rule, it varies between 1 and 4 cm. For some cars, it is better to use products with low boards because such a design doesn’t impede pedal pressing. High boards, on the other hand, ensure better protection from soiling.
- After washing, it is not recommended to squeeze the accessories by hand or spin them in a washing machine. It is enough to hang them without bending and let water drip.
Cost-efficient and comfortable shopping in the online shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Our online shop offers various car mats and other accessories. If you need professional advice, contact onlinecarparts.co.uk specialists, and they will help you make a good choice. Purchasing here gives you only pleasant emotions - see for yourself!