Mounting and dismounting many of the car parts can be facilitated by using special assembly and disassembly tools. These devices can be sold either separately or as kits.
Assembly and disassembly tools: 8 important facts
- This category includes various pullers and separators that vary in design and are often intended for specific purposes. For example, there are devices with claws designed for dealing with exhaust pipe mounts; dashboard light bulb pliers. Crowbars are used to remove nails and metal staples. They will also be useful when dismantling damaged components. Special wedge tools allow to remove door panels and mouldings very carefully. Most often they are used together with hammers.
- There are also tools that facilitate working with tiny components and also with hard-to-reach parts. For example, in the catalogues, you can find magnetic pick-up tools made as flexible hoses. They allow taking out small metal elements that can’t be reached with hand or pliers. Magnifying glasses, which enable you to see even the tiniest objects, are indispensable for high accuracy tasks. For example, they make soldering easier. Car inspection mirrors are used for visual checks of car parts located in hard-to-reach areas. They are often fitted with a flexible handle.
- Some devices are used to make preparations for installation of car parts. In particular, these are drill bits that allow to make holes for fasteners. And if it is necessary to correct the shape or size of a workpiece, a file will be very useful.
- There are also special assembly and disassembly tools made for working with electric equipment. Their specific feature is insulation. For instance, they may be necessary when releasing terminals.
- Before you start, it is necessary to read the manual of the device. To accomplish the task successfully, you should also stick to the manufacturer’s recommendations stated in the vehicle manual.
- It is advisable to wear a mask or protective goggles while using assembly and disassembly tools. Make sure to prevent chips of the material from getting into your eyes.
- Before you get down to work, it is necessary to make sure that the equipment works properly. If there are any defects on it, there is a risk of damaging the assembly you are going to work with.
- You should choose a place for storage where the devices won’t be exposed to moisture. The best option is to keep them in a toolbox closed with a lid.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
We will be happy to help you to inexpensively equip your garage with everything you need for quick and high-quality vehicle maintenance and repair. Right now you can buy assembly and disassembly tools, tool boxes or carts, testing equipment and many other things. Prices at our online shop are always affordable.