Soldering irons allow to quickly join two metal parts together. In particular, they are used to repair car electronic devices and engine cooling system. They melt solder which is applied to the components. When it solidifies, it ensures a durable connection.
Soldering irons: 9 important facts
- Many models feature a handle disposed at a right angle to the tool body. However, if you have to do soldering in hard-to-reach places, you should pay your attention to straight devices.
- Most of the tools are electrically powered. As the sources, a battery, electricity mains, or car electric system can be used. Thermal energy is transferred to the soldering area via the heating element. The power of the devices is about 15–40 W, on average.
- Electric soldering irons differ in design. For instance, there are models with a nichrome coil. Their advantages are resistance to mechanical damage, usability and a low price. Apart from that, there are tools with a ceramic heater which are power and temperature adjustable. Among the advantages of this equipment are fast heating and long service life. Tools fitted with an induction coil are characterised by an excellent heat transfer which has a positive effect on the coefficient of performance. Soldering guns manage to heat up the soldering tip almost instantly.
- Some devices operate using the gas they have in a built-in container. Open fire is used to heat up the working part.
- The tools can be supplied together with stands that make using them easier. You can also buy holders separately.
- In the catalogues, apart from standard devices, you can find soldering stations where the working tool is connected to the electronic control unit.
- Never leave switched-on devices unattended, and never use them near flammables or in poorly ventilated rooms.
- Before starting any operations, be sure to protect your airways. It is prohibited to touch the heated element.
- You can only put the device away for storage when it is completely cool.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
Want to purchase high-performance tools inexpensively? Here you can buy soldering irons with various technical specifications on favourable terms. Furthermore, the assistants of our online shop are always ready to offer you competent guidance.