Tin snips and power shears are used for cutting metal sheets, wires and also allow to finish the edges of workpieces. The tool has two blades which, when brought together, quickly cut off a piece of a component. They make it possible to act precisely and carefully, and they don’t produce any swarf.
Tin snips and power shears: 6 important facts
- In the catalogues, there are power (power shears) and mechanical (tin snips) devices. The former ones are operated by a motor, mains- or battery-powered, have a high performance and allow cutting parts that are up to 5 mm thick. The latter ones function only due to the muscle power of a worker, applied to the spring mechanism. They are suitable for processing car parts with the thickness below 1.5 mm, and they cost relatively inexpensively.
- At the online shop, it is possible to order sheet metal shears, straight shears and nibblers. The first ones are designed for cutting workpieces starting from the edge, the second ones – for performing work in hard-to-reach places and making holes in thin sheets. The third ones are characterised by a small cutting radius and allow cutting a workpiece starting from the middle.
- There are tools for straight and curved cutting as well as universal ones. By the method of production, they can be cast or forged.
- Before you start, it is necessary to securely fix the element to be processed. Otherwise, the tool may deflect from the desired cutting path. Always wear protective gloves and goggles. Never touch the edges of the processed workpiece as it might cause injuries.
- When using power shears, it is necessary to take breaks once in about 10–15 minutes. Never leave working devices unattended.
- Do not use tools with dull blades. In that case, it is possible to damage both the workpiece and the device itself. Consider the fact that using the equipment in dusty rooms and in conditions of high humidity reduces the lifespan of the tool.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
Here you can buy tin snips and power shears, hollow punches, chisels and other products for vehicle maintenance and repair, which are characterised by high quality. If you have any questions about the products or purchasing terms, feel free to ask our competent specialists at onlinecarparts.co.uk. They will provide you with all necessary information online.