Ratchet wrenches allow to quickly mount and dismount fasteners located in hard-to-reach places like recesses or between other parts. They are used together with interchangeable drive sockets. The design features a ratchet mechanism which allows loosening a fastener without detaching the spanner from it in order to reposition it.
Ratchet wrenches: 8 important facts
- These tools vary in the size of the square drive and length. The former parameter can be, for instance, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4 inches, and the latter one – 150 as well as 500 mm.
- The working part in most cases is made of chromium-vanadium or chromium-molybdenum steel. Handles are made with the use of plastics, rubber, metal.
- It is possible to buy ratchet wrenches with a telescopic handle or additional elements. For example, it can be a gauge that displays the tightening torque.
- The gear that enables turning of the tool can have different numbers of teeth; the more teeth it has, the smaller the increments of the handle rotation. A smaller number of teeth makes the movement less smooth.
- The device isn’t intended for loosening stuck fasteners. Use ring spanners and drive sockets to solve the problem. The ratchet mechanism can be damaged due to excessive force you apply or due to blows you deliver during the work.
- It is unacceptable to put interlayers of any kind between the fastener and the wrench head.
- When the procedure is over, it is desirable to wipe the device with a dry cloth. You should store it clean.
- If the ratchet mechanism or other parts are damaged, the tool can not be used. You should contact the service centre to get it fixed.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
We offer ratchet wrenches, torque wrenches, nut drivers, pullers and many other products supported by a quality warranty. The onlinecarparts.co.uk catalogue has a simple and user-friendly interface so that you could easily find inexpensive equipment with appropriate specifications. If you have any questions about the products or services of the online shop, contact our customer support team. Our competent specialists will be happy to provide you with detailed information.