Nut splitters are used for dismantling corroded or damaged fasteners that can’t be removed with standard tools. The fastener should be gripped with the head of the tool and split with a chisel located inside it.
Nut splitters: 7 important facts
- There are mechanical models that work by turning a special forcing screw. Their main advantage is a low price. There are also hydraulic tools that work due to the pressure of the liquid in the hydraulic cylinder. They are used for dismantling especially durable and large fasteners.
- The body of the tool can be of a ring-frame type, i.e. with a round frame for a fastener, or of a C-frame type. Tools of the latter type are suitable, for example, if the nut is located very close to some other element and there is no possibility to use a ring-frame device.
- These devices can be straight or angle. The former ones have their working part on the same axis as the handle, while the latter ones feature the frame disposed at an angle to it. Angle devices are suitable for operating in tight spaces.
- It is possible to buy a model with one cutting element: moving or fixed. In the latter case, the anvil is to be moved. Besides, there are tools with two chisels: fixed and movable.
- The parameters of the equipment should be compatible with the size of the nut that has to be removed.
- Before you start the work, make sure that the chisel is securely fixed in the frame. It is recommended to use protective goggles.
- Do not disassemble the tool as it might lead to its failure. If it needs repairing, it is better to ask specialists for help.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
In our catalogue, there is a wide range of high-quality equipment for vehicle repair and maintenance. Here you can buy nut splitters and other first-class products supported by a warranty. It is possible to inexpensively buy all the necessary things, and assistants of onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop will help you to make the right choice. Besides, you’ll get the parcel in a short time.