Hydraulic puller rams facilitate dealing with components that require significant effort to dismantle. These are mainly gear wheels, bushes, bearings. The device is made as a container filled with oil. When the oil pressure rises, it forces the rod, which ensures fast removal of a car part.
Hydraulic puller rams: 6 important facts
- Most often the design has one piston only, less often – there are several of them. The stroke of a single-piston hydraulic cylinder is defined by the length of the rod. Multi-piston or telescopic models are made as a combination of several hydraulic cylinders. They are arranged in such a manner that the body of one of them acts as the rod for another one. As a result, despite the relatively small size of the device, the stroke significantly increases. This kind of hydraulic puller rams is useful when, for instance, you need to dismantle a part from a hard-to-reach place.
- There are single-acting models that are characterised by a relatively low operating force. The oil in them is used only to push the rod out. Its reversing stroke is ensured by a built-in spring. There are also double-acting models where all movements of the rod are powered by the fluid pressure. They are suitable for working under high loads.
- Before you get down to work, it is necessary to check the hydraulic puller ram for damage. If it is deformed, leaking or has any other defects, it can’t be used. The puller itself should be securely fixed. Besides, it is necessary to make sure that the rod is centred.
- The movable elements of the device need occasional lubricating. Apart from that, it is necessary to monitor the oil level and replace the seals when they wear out.
- It is recommended to store puller spindles and rams in a clean place. At the same time, they shouldn’t be exposed to moisture or high temperatures.
- If the device is used not more than once in six months, it should be properly prepared for storage. For example, it is recommended to use a special storage compound. Besides, the device should be kept in a tightly closed box in a vertical position.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
Looking for inexpensive tool parts and consumables? Here you can buy hydraulic puller ram and many other things on favourable terms. Browsing the catalogue doesn’t take much time as all products are categorised and include a detailed description of the characteristics. Our customer support team will help you to choose the device with a suitable price and specifications. Register at our online shop and make purchases for quick and effortless vehicle repair.