Heat guns can be used, for example, to soften old paintwork before removing it, to dry a layer of filler or glue, to join plastic elements. The tools have a heating coil which heats air to 500°C or more just in a couple of seconds.
Heat guns: 6 important facts
- In the catalogues, there are household and professional devices. The former ones are economical and relatively cheap, however, they are not very powerful and are prone to overheating when being used for a long time. The latter ones allow performing operations very quickly, may have a thermostat, overheating protection, and some other functions. The main disadvantage of these tools is a relatively high power consumption.
- The tools offered at the online shop differ in design. In particular, straight devices that have no handle are a better option for working in enclosed spaces. Pistol-grip models are more convenient to use. There are also combined tools that are fitted with a detachable or foldable handle.
- Depending on the power source type, there are battery-powered heat guns and those with a power cord. The former can be used even in places where there is no access to mains electricity. The latter ones do not need recharging.
- The equipment should be used in well-ventilated areas or outdoors. Avoid overheating the device. For this purpose, it is necessary to take breaks and not to obstruct the access of air to the air inlets. Make sure that dust and moisture don’t get on the device.
- When the work is over, it is not recommended to switch off the gun right away. First, you should set the temperature to the minimum and let the device work for a few minutes in this mode. This simple procedure will help to extend the lifespan of the tool.
- When using the equipment, it is necessary to protect your hands from getting burnt, by wearing special gloves. Never work near flammable liquids as this may cause fire. Do not leave a switched-on device unattended.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
We offer various high performance devices at low prices. Even today you can order heat guns and other necessary tools in a couple of minutes. Become a onlinecarparts.co.uk customer and enjoy advantageous shopping.