Files are used to correct the size or shape of a workpiece, and also to clean old paint, corrosion spots, and soot from car parts. They are made as metal bars with abrasive surface and a handle.
Files: 6 important facts
- Devices offered in the catalogues differ in how fine their cut is. They can have 12 as well as 85 teeth per 1 cm2 of the working surface. The higher this number is, the more delicate the processing can be. For example, if this parameter is higher than 50, these devices are suitable for finishing.
- At the online shop, you can buy products with different cross-section shapes. For example, flat files are perfect for processing large areas, while square files – for grinding angular workpieces. Round and oval files are convenient to use for grinding round-shaped car parts, and the knife ones – for making slots and smoothing sharp edges.
- One of the main characteristics of the products is the shape and pattern of their teeth. For example, files can be single-cut, with the cuts located at an angle to the axis of the tool. Devices with this cut pattern are used for processing soft metals. Cross-cut files with intersecting cuts are suitable for treating hard materials: steel, cast iron and others. Bars with staggered pyramidal teeth are used for working with leather, rubber, carbon fiber reinforced plastics. For grinding off large parts of a workpiece, it is better to choose devices with holes.
- Before you start the procedure, you should put on protective goggles and gloves, and also make sure that the tool is compatible with the material of the processed surface. First, it is necessary to remove dirt and moisture from the workpiece.
- Be sure to hold the tool with both hands and apply the force only when moving it forwards.
- After finishing the work, you should clean the equipment. You’re going to need a metal brush for that.
Beneficial and convenient shopping at onlinecarparts.co.uk online store
Want to buy files, chisels, milling cutters, wood chisels or other products needed for car repair at an affordable price? Visit our online shop. Here, you can purchase everything you need inexpensively. Contact the onlinecarparts.co.uk specialists and they will help you to make the right choice. Order processing and delivery of goods take very little time.