Seat covers not only protect the upholstery from dirt and damage. They are a cheap and easy way to renew your car’s interior. Many of these car accessories make seats more comfortable.
Seat covers: 8 important facts
- The catalogues include universal products suitable for most cars as well as custom-fit covers. The former type covers the seats only partially and is secured with elastic bands or hooks. The latter type has no fasteners and is to be pulled over the seats entirely, ensuring a precise fit.
- Some manufacturers offer products with massage or heating functions. Massage is performed by special built-in vibrating components. The heating level can usually be adjusted.
- Various materials are used for production. Leather, fur, textile, vinyl, suede, plush, velour, velvet, jacquard fabric are the most popular. For example, textile covers are practical and sold at a low price, while the leather ones make your passenger compartment look more respectable. The fur products are the best choice in the cold season, but they need to be shaken and combed regularly. Jacquard is anti-static and repels water, while velour is smoother to the touch.
- It is advisable to demount the seats before putting on the accessories. This way you will be able to fasten the car seat covers securely.
- The accessories made of leather shouldn’t be put on if the temperature is below 0 °C. The point is that this material loses elasticity when it’s cold.
- Installation procedure poses high loads to the seams of these car accessories. In order to preserve their integrity, you should squeeze the seats when installing.
- Car seat covers often have polyurethane foam stuffing which gets deformed if washed. In this regard, dry cleaning is advisable, if not specified by the manufacturer otherwise.
- The universal covers should not hide buttons and levers, designed for adjusting the seat position or controlling car systems.
Cost-efficient and convenient shopping in the online-shop onlinecarparts.co.uk
Here you can buy seat covers in a few minutes only. To the clients of onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop we offer a website with comfortable navigation and qualified support team. Make an order in a few clicks and receive it within the shortest terms.