Dashcams allow to record, store and play video and audio information about the events inside and outside the car both during driving and when parked. Particularly, they help to determine the cause of the road accident and to find the culprit. The data obtained from the cameras is stored on the device memory card. Video recording can be started automatically when starting the car, or manually.
Dashcams: 9 important facts
- The manufacturers’ catalogues offer the products differing by a mounting method. So, there are standalone (portable) and integrated accessories. The former are made as a separate electronic unit connected via the cigarette lighter socket or having its own in-built battery. They are easy in installation and inexpensive, however, since they should be mounted on the windscreen or the upper part of the dashboard, they may hinder the view. The latter ones are powered directly from the car electrical system, are almost invisible, and are mostly mounted in the rear view mirror.
- In the online shop product range, there are items that differ in the number of cameras. Single-channel devices with a narrow viewing angle (usually no more than 170°) belong to the low-cost category. Multi-channel accessories can have up to 8 cameras, due to which they provide all-around view.
- Dashcams can have various framerate: from 15 to 60 frames per second. The higher this value is, the more detailed image they provide.
- The devices can perform extra functions: record sound, define the car’s GPS coordinates using the corresponding module, provide lighting for improving recording quality at night time.
- Before starting off, you need to check the correctness of the date and time displayed on the device screen. Moreover, you need to fasten the dashcam well, in order to avoid blurry image.
- It is not advisable to change settings of the image brightness, sharpness and contrast preset by the manufacturer. Incorrect settings can hinder watching the recorded data.
- During installation, you need to ensure such angle of the dashcam inclination that a part of the car bonnet would be visible.
- It is advisable to remove the car accessory before a long-term parking of the vehicle in cold season, and store it at room temperature. These devices cannot withstand cold temperatures well.
- Keep in mind that use of these devices is prohibited in some countries, as it is considered an invasion of privacy.
Best deals and convenient purchases at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop
Here you can buy dashcams and many other electronic or multimedia accessories at low prices. A wide assortment of the products is offered at onlinecarparts.co.uk online shop: you won’t have to search for everything you need on various websites anymore.